Saturday, October 31, 2015

Percy Jackson Re-read: Discussion Saturday!

Hi all! Welcome to another Discussion Saturday!

Today's topic: How would you prepare to go into the Labyrinth?


Now that is an excellent question! How does one prepare to venture into a place that is designed to kill you, with hopes of making it out alive? Good question. For me, there are two main components: packing and strategy.


Packing the Everyday Essentials of Survival 101: Weapons, obviously. I'd bring my sword, plus a hunting knife. Also food, water, ambrosia, nectar, and maybe a small first aid kit. I'd take a spare change of clothes (they double as bandages if need be), since who knows if you'll find yourself in a water chamber. Maybe a compass or map. The Labyrinth is also booby-trapped, so I'd pack light.


Strategy: if possible, I'd use Ariadne's string. If not possible, I'd find a trustworthy, able-bodied mortal with the Sight. And if that doesn't work at all, well, I'd try to learn as much as I could about the Labyrinth, and how is uses your feelings against you, and then try to fool the Labyrinth into working for me. It's better than nothing!


Would I be nervous? I think you'd be crazy not to. But ideally, I'd be going in with a few other people, so I wouldn't be completely alone (that's a terrifying thought). Going mad isn't very appealing, and it's harder to lose your mind if there's other people with you.


And that's it for me! Don't forget to check Caroline's post to see her thoughts!


* * *


No comments:

Post a Comment