Sunday, October 11, 2015

Percy Jackson Re-read: Sea of Monsters Begins!

We're onto Book 2 of the Percy Jackson series this week!!! If you guys don't know yet, Caroline from Just Another Bookish Blog and I are re-reading the Percy Jackson series, doing a book per week!

We're reading The Sea of Monsters this week, and like last week, we'll be doing some fun posts along the way! And don't forget to check out Caroline's blog for equally awesome things! :)


The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment. In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come. 

(Goodreads)




10 comments:

  1. Hi Erika! My name is Yuki! I came across your thread on goodreads and decided to pop by and take a look! I see you're re-reading Percy Jackson books! I love Percy Jackson!! I read the Lightning Thief, Sea of Monsters and the Titan's Curse. The first 3 books basically, but that was probably like 5 years back. You made me feel like re-reading the books too!!
    Anyway, I love Cassandra Clare's books too :D Gonna be reading TIF soon!

    It's nice to meet you btw, your blog is beautiful! I only started mine recently :) Just followed your blog on bloglovin' and added you to my reading list! Would love to see your updates!

    ♡,
    Yuki @ http://utterlybooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yuki! Thank you so much for your kind words and for dropping by :)
      Yes, another Percy Jackson fan! The last time I read Percy Jackson first book to last book as also about 5 years ago, haha. Hopefully you'll re-read the books too, and finish the series!
      Oooh, The Infernal Devices! I loved that series, it's definitely one of my favourites :)

      Delete
  2. Guess what I got at the bookstore today! :D

    *Cough*magnuschase*cough*

    Time for book 2, looking forward to this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I BOUGHT MAGNUS CHASE TOO. I'LL RACE YOU TO FINISH IT.
      (Just kidding xD But once we both finish, we're going to need to discuss it!!!)

      Delete
    2. Or or or we can finish off the read-along with that! :D
      And I’m all for a race hehehe ^-^
      I’m not reading it as long as I’m also reading other books on the side, i’ll let you know when i start it :)

      Delete
    3. Sounds good! I've almost done it (cough), but I'll hold off my review until we finish this reread!

      Delete
    4. Oh.. well okay then! XD If I finish before the re-read, I’ll put my review up anyway ^-^
      How is it so far?

      Delete
    5. Ooooh, if that's the case, I'll put my review up once I finish it too (most likely will be super soon, I have 50 pages left). It's really good so far! The only issue is that I can't pronounce half the names in it, so I'm using a bunch of gibberish words which make no sense to me or anyone else, haha...PLUS the Percy Jackson references are hilarious! (Go look at the table of contents/chapter titles, chapter 48 is quite funny ;))

      Delete
  3. I think I went a little to fast. I kind of reread all the books after the I finished the first book. Whoops! BUT... guess what I finished? MAGNUS CHASE! I hope you love it as much as I did! I can't wait to discuss it with all my Rick Riordan fan friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHHAHAH that has to be the best thing I've heard all day! I'm less than 40 pages to being finished with Magnus Chase, it's so good! :D

      Delete